Standing Up For You
Helping Parents Of Injured Newborns Obtain Justice
For expectant parents, the long-awaited delivery date is often filled with nervous excitement as they anticipate for the arrival of their newborn. Elation can quickly turn into alarm when a complication arises.
Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals are responsible for giving the mother and infant the best possible care, but mistakes during pregnancy and delivery happen with alarming frequency. In Louisville and across Kentucky, attorney David Gray of Gray Law, PLLC, represents mothers who suffered unnecessary injuries during childbirth and parents of children who suffered a birth injury before, during or directly after delivery.
A Preventable Injury
Birth injuries fall into two categories: those that are unavoidable and those that could be prevented. Although certain factors make a birth injury more likely, many can be avoided through careful monitoring and swift treatment both during pregnancy and labor. An incomplete medical history, a rushed labor or improper use of instrumentation can cause lasting trauma.
Gray Law, PLLC, has successfully handled birth injury claims affecting mothers and newborns involving:
- Brain injuries, including hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy and cerebral palsy
- Physical injuries, including Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy and shoulder dystocia
- Injuries caused by prenatal infections
- Extraction injuries, including those caused by forceps or a vacuum
- Compression of the umbilical cord
- Failure to perform a C-section
- Vaginal tearing
- A ruptured or prolapsed uterus
- Wrongful death of the mother or newborn
Helping You Secure Adequate Compensation
An injury sustained during birth can affect your child for the rest of their life. While it is impossible to change what happened to the mother or newborn during or immediately after delivery, you can secure compensation for birth injuries caused by medical malpractice.